Saturday, May 09, 2009

Hickory Smoked Salt

Growing up we had all kinds of spices in my home. Whatever you were cooking, and whatever you were looking for, you could usually find it. But my favorite spice (especially to put on beef) was Hickory Smoked Salt. It was my bar-b-que seasoning of choice, and since I was always the bar-b-que cook it's what I always used.

I haven't been able to find Hickory Smoke Salt in many years. I look every time I go to a supermarket, and find everything but. I have managed to find liquid Hickory Smoke Salt, but it's just not the same.

So today I decided to search the net for it. And walla, I find it SPICE ISLAND OLD HICKORY SMOKE SALT. Just my brand. Almost $5 a bottle and $9 to ship. Can you believe that? $9 to ship a bottle of salt.

I'm pretty desperate, but not quite that desperate. I'll keep searching. Someone else has to have it.

Then again, desperate times call for desperate measures.

No comments: